Talent Acquisition Specialist
Nestled in picturesque Hobart, Procreate is an industry-leading creative product company competing on the World stage. We are the recipient of two coveted Apple Design Awards and hold the title as best-selling paid iPad app on Apple's App Store for the past five years. Procreate brings together a rare breed of people who are exceptionally driven and dedicated to help people unleash their full creative potential.
We stand by producing the highest quality of work and protecting creativity. We care about our work, our community, and most of all, each other. Join us in our growth journey as we develop next-generation Procreate products.
Your impact as Talent Acquisition Specialist
We're looking for an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist , with proven success in Software Engineering and Product Design recruitment. We source talent globally and relocate successful candidates to Hobart, Tasmania. We are meticulous about the quality of talent we hire, instead of taking a volume approach. Procreate is at a critical stage of growth, where every person we bring into the business will have a significant business impact. Your role directly contributes to this and shapes the culture of the company.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist , you'll often form the first impression the candidate has of Procreate. It is important to us that you care about developing genuine and positive relationships, and lead with curiosity and empathy in your interactions. Being a multi-faceted role, you'll need to demonstrate a strong ability to manage time, competing priorities, learn and apply new concepts quickly.
This role will sit within the People team, and report to the Head of People. Your direct team members are our Talent Acquisition Specialist and HR Specialist. You'll work with hiring managers to develop position briefs and oversee the entire recruitment process. This includes working with recruitment tools, sourcing, screening candidates, scheduling interviews and briefing with relevant internal stakeholders.
Areas of focus
Source world class talent. Working with our existing talent acquisition team, you will source and manage the candidate pipeline for roles across all departments, with the majority being specialist Software Engineers and Product Designers. You will develop an intricate understanding of Procreate's niche, source high quality candidates and adopt a personalised candidate approach.
Develop genuine and engaging relationships. You'll act as an ambassador for the company, culture and product. You pick up on the drivers and motivators of candidates, however nuanced, and are able to objectively communicate if the opportunity at Procreate would match what they're looking for. You provide constructive feedback and develop long term relationships.
Manage all aspects of inbound recruitment. Collaborating with the Head of People, you will help shape and operationalise our inbound recruitment strategy. You put crazy and creative ideas on the table to attract the right talent for the company.
Understand and embody the guiding values of Procreate. Everything we do at Procreate relates to our 4 core values: Excellence, Courage, Care and Play. You'll embody these values and learn to recognise them in candidates.
The skill set
Experience in technical sourcing and competence in managing the end to end recruitment lifecycle. You have proven success in sourcing and placing software engineers, designers and other technical roles in Technology businesses. You demonstrate competence in managing the end to end recruitment lifecycle, from role discovery briefs with hiring managers to drafting job specs, sourcing, interviewing, negotiating and closing.
Communication - leading with empathy, adept at distilling and articulating information. You're adept at navigating conversations to tease out the right information at the right time. You develop concise job specs through briefings with relevant stakeholders and are able to communicate unique selling points to candidates. You're objective and inclusive in your assessment of candidates. You show compassion and understanding in giving and receiving feedback.
Inquisitive, curious and mature. You are curious about people and love learning about a diverse range of topics. You listen intently and seek to understand before you speak. You understand complex people interactions and individual motivations, and approach conversations with emotional maturity.
Ability in creative problem solving, prioritise and adapt to change. Our environment is fast-paced, creative and experimental. You enjoy exploring unconventional ways to solve problems and proactively seek opportunities to improve. You are able to align your role priorities with the company's commercial objectives, even in the face of change and things seem to be falling apart.
In 1-3 months, you will
- Complete the Procreate onboarding process and get to know your colleagues
- Build and nurture productive working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Embody and be able to articulate Procreate’s culture, tech stack and ways of working
- Familiarise yourself with our existing recruitment strategy, tools, processes and external service providers relating to recruitment
- Source and calibrate on ideal candidate profiles for specialist engineering and design roles, achieving more than 80% accuracy
In 3 - 6 months, you will
- Drive all activities within the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle, from sourcing and building candidate pipeline, to interviewing, shortlisting and closing candidates
- Demonstrate astute judgement when sourcing candidates, seeking regular input and debriefing with the People team (we are highly collaborative and have frequent, informal debriefs daily – especially to check our own biases)
- Track and report on recruitment metrics
- Provide input on our inbound and outbound recruitment strategy
- Have some successes in hiring or demonstrate a healthy pipeline at late interview stages
In 6 -12 months, you will
- Competently own and drive the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle, seeking input and direction where needed
- Collaborate closely with members of the People and Operations team to improve on strategic business initiatives
- Proactively propose and operationalise ideas to elevate candidate experience and recruitment processes
- Develop strong credibility and trust from internal stakeholders on your capability and alignment to company values and vision
We're cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment for all
This application contains custom questions that give you the opportunity to show us what you're capable of, instead of purely assessing you on your CV. We welcome anyone who is interested in this role to apply, regardless of whether you meet all requirements listed. If you have specific questions or ideas on how we can support you, please reach out to email@example.com.